With the POI Assistant app you can use POI files in OV2 (TomTom) format on your Windows Phone smartphone in order to find different kinds of POIs in the sourrounding area (i.e. cash machines, gas stations, fast food restaurants, ...).
The POIs are presented in a map view so you can find and select the desired locations easily. After tapping on a POI, the app shows the name and distance along with the option to start the navigation from your current location to the POI.
In conjunction with the Nokia Maps offline feature, you can make use of POI Assistant completely offline!
The POI Assistant app does not include any OV2 POI databases. Before the first real use, you have to download the desired OV2 POI files from the web (just search for "free OV2 download" to find lots of websites providing POI databases). The selected POI files can then be transferred to your smartphone using Skydrive.
- fix if OV2 database is provided without bmp icon
- file manager starts in disconnected state / new connect appbar button
- bugfix in OV2 loader (negative coordinates were processed incorrectly)
- bugfix regarding back button not working correctly in skydrive connection phase
- bugfix progress bar in file transfer page
- bugfix POIs stay visible after return from POI detail page
- bugfix distance display on POI detail page when miles unit type selected
- status indicator for POI icon display
- optimized POI icon map layer to improve rendering speed
Example Websites with free OV2 POI Files